Skip to content

B. STRATFORD, CONNECTICUT, 1912
D. NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 2005

Philip Pavia, the sculptor who was instrumental in founding the Club, an association of artists and writers who met on 8th Street in the late 1940s, lived on the North Fork from 1965-69, and in East Hampton from 1979 until his death in 2005. His sculpture of the 1960s utilizes and reflects the natural landscape: grouped pieces of rough-hewn marble that look like stones encountered, rather than perfectly constructed.

Back To Top